Intelligent Automation & Macro Software  

Go Back   Automation Anywhere, Inc. Forums > Products Zone > Workspace Macro
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workspace Macro Post messages and questions related to Macro Recorder or Windows Macro here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 10:31 PM

Default webpage resizing?

Hi there,
I have tried both Workspace macro and also the Pro version and this has happened to me in both of them.
I am setting the macro to login to a website for me and perform basic actions.

THE PROBLEM IS: when I run the macro, it opens the browser (firefox) and changes the window size, which throws off all subsequent commands as they no longer line up on the page. (It seems to make the browser window larger than normal, so that portions of the window are no longer even visible onscreen)

This does NOT occur while recording macro nor at any other time when I am manually opening the browser; It only happens when I am running the Macro.

As stated I have tried this on both versions and its the same problem. I have also re-recorded the macro several times and still the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM

Hello,

Before playing back the macro, Workspace Macro Pro resizes the browser window to the size it was while recording to ensure all the activities are performed reliably. Hence, as in your case, before recording your macro set the browser window to the required size and then record the macro again.

While recording we recommend using more of keyboard short cuts instead of mouse clicks as they are more reliable than mouse moves/clicks irrespective of change in screen resolution or window size. Mouse clicks/moves are subject to work on a screen resolution they were recorded on. But keystrokes will work as expected no matter what ever screen resolution you set to. For e.g. Up/Down arrow key would work in a reliable way than using mouse to scroll in an excel sheet.

Alternatively, try using our advanced automation product, Automation Anywhere. Automation Anywhere provides a tool called Web Recorder using which you can automate almost any web task.

You can download free trial version of Automation Anywhere from our website:
Automation Anywhere - The Automation Software. Automate & Schedule IT & Business processes easily.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Default resizing windows

If Workspace macro resizes the window to the same as what it was when the macro was recorded - but while the macro is being recorded the window was "maximized" Then will it get stuck and fail the macro? Seems to be happening to me. I didn't know WPro resized the window.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM

Hello Fritz,

In case you are using Workspace Macro Pro and you are facing such issue of minimizing the window, we suggest you to follow below mentioned instructions:

1. Edit the macro.
2. Find the mouse click or keystroke command at which window is getting minimized.
3. Select that command and double click on it. This will open command window for you.
4. Click on “Select Window” drop down and select “Currently Active Window”.
5. Save the command and Macro.
6. Now close the Macro Editor window.
7. Select the Macro from the list of macro and click on Run.